Dzień dobry !
Trusts and foundations are used worldwide by millions of clients.
Their main uses are:
- to protect family assets from external attack (Bankruptcy, Divorce, Lawsuits, Unlawful confiscation etc)
- to hold family business assets and to ensure the smooth transition of those assets to the next generations
- to solve inheritance problems
The development of inheritance law has not kept pace with other developments in society and it no longer functions well in our modern economy. This includes especially families with larger assets and family businesses and also the many conflicts that can arise from mixed and blended families
The introduction of Family Foundations is being considered by the Polish Parliament, with introduction possible this year. There is also nothing to stop Polish clients from using Trusts and Foundations in other jurisdictions and there can sometimes be some tax and other advantages in doing this.
For this reason, we have decided to run a seminar in Lodz in April in order to better inform the Polish legal profession about this opportunity. These new tools can bring many benefits to many of your clients. A leading expert in the field will deliver practical information to help you provide current and top advice.
Practical experience with using trusts and foundations
James Turnbull TEP LLB.
Mr Turnbull has a law degree and is enrolled as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand. He is a Board Member of the Asociace pro podporu a rozvoj svěřenských fondů and a member of STEP – The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, He is also one of only four holders of STEP’s prestigious TEP designation in the Czech Republic. He has many years of experience in the operation of domestic trust funds and foreign trusts in various legal jurisdictions. He is the founder of the Czech Republic’s leading trust administrator Svěřenské fondy a trusty s.r.o.
(A Svěřenský fond is a Czech trust. The Czech Republic was the first jurisdiction in the CEE region to introduce the concept of trust into a civil law legal system).
After the seminar:
- you will understand the key moments in the history of the development of trusts and foundations
- you will know the basics of both trusts and foundations. You will know what they are and how they work
- you will understand discretionary, fixed and hybrid structures and how the client can stay totally in control
- you will understand the most common uses of trusts and foundations – illustrated with specific and practical examples
After the seminar, there will be an opportunity to discuss other issues on the topic with the lecturer.
The seminar will be presented in the English language.
Date and Time of Presentation:
Wednesday 27 April 16.00 – 18.30 + networking
Venue: NB: Venue change. Please contact me for details
Pre-registration for the seminar is essential by email to email@example.com. The cost of the seminar is 300 PLN.