Welcome to the website of James Turnbull TEP LLB., independent trust consultant.
I am a specialist in trusts and foundations.
When you are going through the process of setting up something new it can sometimes be confusing or even stressful. Are you sure what you are doing is right? Will it work? Are you doing it in the most effective way?
Because of these common concerns, it’s great to have an expert on your team. Especially in the CEE region, many existing advisers lack the depth of knowledge and experience you need. I can work alongside them, helping them and most importantly helping you to make sure you achieve the right outcome.
- I can help you develop your strategy and structure so that it works properly
- I can help you identify the right jurisdiction to achieve your goals
- I can make sure that you remain fully in control – both through the establishment phase and afterward
- I can help you understand trust concepts. These can sometimes be quite confusing at first glance, but I can explain everything in plain English.
- I can work with you to fill any gaps in the knowledge and experience of your advisory team
- I can champion your interests and ensure that your solution is really yours and that it delivers what YOU want (not what your advisers or providers want).
- I can help you find the providers and professionals you need. People with the skills, know-how, substance, and credibility to do the job correctly
- I can help make sure you pay the right price for your solution
- I can review draft documents to look for any fishhooks and contribute comments and suggestions
- If you already have a trust or foundation, I can review it to check that it is robust and effective.
- I can provide general guidance and help.
I also provide training in the area of trusts, foundations, and structuring.